Today is the first day of a beautiful season: Fall is finally here! Kids are back in school, the leaves are beginning to change, and although the weather is still warm, soon enough there will be a chill in the air. Fall is the perfect time to enjoy local fun. Here’s a list of 5 Fall activities guaranteed to be a good time wherever you call home.
- Tour a local corn maze:
- Visit Harvest Adventures in Bremen, Ohio. Their 4.5 acre corn maze is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5 p.m. The corn maze is packed with trivia and reasonably priced at $3/person. View their website for additional details: Harvest Adventures.
Image Credit: Harvest Adventures
- Visit the farmers market:
- If you’re hungry for local produce, head to the Lancaster Farmers Market. They’re open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday mornings until October 29. From apples to zucchini, they’ve got it all. What better way to support your local businesses?
Image Credit: Lancaster Ohio Farmers Market
- Go hiking:
- Central Ohio is chock full of gorgeous hiking trails and metro parks. Take your pick; from Chestnut Ridge to Clear Creek to Slate Run, you really can’t go wrong with any of them! Choose one close to home, or find your adventure further away. Make sure you wear the appropriate footwear and pack plenty of water!
Image Credit: Chestnut Ridge Metro Parks and Ralf Niehaus
- Run or jog a 5k:
- Sign up for a 5k and you’ll have a goal propelling you to train everyday in the great outdoors. Running or jogging is a great way to de-stress, and you can’t beat the beautiful Fall views! The 3rd Annual Columbus Donut Run is Sunday, October 30 at 9:00 a.m. with proceeds benefiting Joan’s Foundation for Head and Neck Cancer Research. The race features local bakery donut holes at every kilometer and a donut corral at the finish line– now who said exercise isn’t sweet?
Image Credit: Joan Levy Bisesi Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology Research
- Visit a local winery:
- If you’re searching for a piece of Napa Valley in the Midwest, look no further than Rockside Winery & Vineyards in Lancaster, Ohio. Stroll the vineyard, then enjoy a tasting on the patio. Thursday from 5-9 p.m. is Happy Hour– talk about a GRAPE way to WINEd down after a long week!
Image Credit: Rockside Winery & Vineyards
No matter what you choose, remember to have fun and enjoy Fall locally!