We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But it’s even more important when you’re living an active lifestyle. Preparing a proper breakfast can seem like a difficult task when you’re cooking inside your small RV kitchen, but these hearty breakfast dishes are easy to put together whether you’re cooking over a stove or an open flame.
Country Skillet Breakfast
What You’ll Need:
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 pound ground sausage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Dice the onion and potatoes into bite-size pieces. This step can even be done at home to save you time and work on the road. Mince the clove of garlic and store it in a separate container.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat (this can be done over the campfire too).
- Fry the potatoes until they are golden, then toss in the onions and garlic.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, and fry it until it is browned.
- Break the eggs into the skillet and whisk them with a fork. Let them cook until they have set.
- Spread the cheese on top of the eggs and cover the pan until the cheese melts.
- Divide the eggs into two servings and add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
Fried Biscuits (Without an Oven!)
What You’ll Need:
- One large can of Pillsbury biscuits.
- 1/2 stick butter
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a pan and move it around until the pan is coated.
- Slice the biscuits in half, then place them in the pan without overcrowding it.
- Heat the pan over a low flame, and flip the biscuits after five minutes.
- Heat for five more minutes, butter lightly and enjoy.
Get Your Camping Supplies at Specialty
Specialty RV Sales is your one-stop shop for RV and camping supplies in Lancaster, Ohio. And if you’re in need of a new or used RV to upgrade your camping lifestyle, we’ve got a huge selection right here on our lot and ready to be driven away today.
Image by Jeff Juszczak via Flickr Creative Commons