There’s no better season than spring for tasty drinks and light snacks to help you enjoy the longer evenings and much-awaited warmer weather. Test out these special drink and snack recipes for spring, and you’re guaranteed to forget about winter at first taste.
Spicy Three Pepper Hummus
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 slices jarred jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno liquid (from jarred peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Place the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, jalapenos and jalapeno juice in a blender or standing mixer.
- Season the mixture with the black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano and cumin.
- Mix or blend the ingredients on medium speed until your hummus is a thick, smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight and enjoy with chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.
Spring Strawberry Mojito
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 2 cups club soda
- 7 strawberries (quartered)
- 2 large limes (quartered)
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 8 cups ice cubes
- Additional white sugar for rimming
- Pour 1/2 inch of sugar onto a shallow plate for rimming.
- Rub one lime slice along the rim of each glass, then tip the glasses upside down into the sugar to coat the rim.
- Squeeze the remains of each lime slice into a large pitcher, then toss them into the pitcher with the strawberries, mint and one cup of sugar.
- Crush the fruits in the bottom of the pitcher with a muddler until their juices are released.
- Pour the club soda and rum into the pitcher and stir the entire combination together until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Fill each glass with ice cubes, then pour the drink mixture over the ice cubes and enjoy.
Need more camping supplies to prepare your favorite snacks on the road? We’ve got all of the cooking supplies you need for your RV right here at Specialty RV Sales in Lancaster, so be sure to stop in and visit us before your next adventure.
Image by Wholesale of void via Flickr Creative Commons
Recipes via allrecipes.com.