Fall is the perfect time for RV travel. And the milder temperatures call for different kinds of meals than you usually eat on the road in summer. Try these warm chicken dishes to heat up those cool fall evenings and bring in the new RV season.
Campfire Chicken Stew
What you’ll need:
- 1 fryer chicken (cut)
- 4 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (no water added)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Grill the chicken for roughly three minutes on each side.
- Lay down four pieces of aluminum foil and divide the chicken evenly among them.
- Divide the carrots, green pepper and potatoes evenly on the foil pieces, then fold the foil into a pouch.
- Top each foil pouch with soup, water, salt and pepper, then seal the foil tightly.
- Grill all of the packets for roughly 25 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
What You’ll Need:
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 3 sweet peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- A squirt of lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- Grease the bottom of the crock pot, then drop the peppers and onion in.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables, then pour the chicken broth on top.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover the crock pot and cook the mixture on low for roughly six hours or until the meat can be easily shredded.
- Use two forks to shred the meat, then stir it back into the juices.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings.
Get Your Fall Camping Gear at Specialty
Fall is one of our favorite camping seasons here at Specialty RV Sales in Lancaster, and we have all of the camping supplies you need to get this RV season started right. Check out our huge selection of new and used RVs or log onto our online parts store for all of the fall RV accessories you need.