When the temperatures rise and sunburn sets in, the light and fresh meals of summer just sound more appealing. These cool summer treat recipes offer the freshness you’re craving and the energy you need for enjoying a long day of adventure.
Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn (kernels cut off)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Boil the bowtie pasta in a large pot of salted water and drain once cooked.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Mix in the corn and stir the entire combination until the corn is heated. Season with salt as needed.
- Add the corn and tomato mixture to the pasta, then toss and enjoy.
Mayo-Free Potato Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skin potatoes (boiled and quartered)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a large serving bowl and enjoy.
Watermelon and Prosciutto Skewers
What you’ll need:
- 5 pounds seedless baby watermelon (peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 pound prosciutto (ripped in half length wise)
- Balsamic glaze (store-bought)
- Thread a piece of watermelon and a 1/2 slice of prosciutto on a 6-inch skewer. Continue threading until there are three piece of watermelon and three pieces of prosciutto on each skewer.
- Drizzle each skewer generously with the balsamic glaze, then serve.
Get Your Summer RV Supplies at Specialty
Here at Specialty RV Sales, we’re more than just a new and used RV dealer. Our store is packed with all types of RV and camping supplies to help you live the most comfortable outdoor life possible. Browse and shop with our online parts catalog or stop in and see us at our brick-and-mortar location in Lancaster, Ohio today.
Images by Ms. HC via Flickr Creative Commons
Recipes courtesy of rachelraymag.com.