Visiting national parks has become an essential part of RV travel. After all, our country’s national parks offer some of the most beautiful scenery and influential history lessons you’ll find throughout all of your travels. The Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park is no different. This park displays the dreams and accomplishments of three Dayton, Ohio natives — Orville Wright, Wilbur Wright and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
Things To Do at the Park
No matter how many times you visit the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park, it will never get old. The five different sites, explaining the stories of the Wright brothers and Paul Laurence, offer interesting information, activities and fun for the entire family.
Visit the historically refurbished printing office of the Wright brothers, the original Wright brothers bike shop, see a real Wright brothers plane, visit the Wright brother’s mansion, explore Paul Laurence’s home and mark your own footsteps on the Huffman Prairie Flying Field.
Park Hours and Details
The different sites at the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park are open nearly every day of the year, so you can enjoy the sites in warm weather and in cold.
- The Wright-Dunbar Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week.
- The Huffman Prairie Flying Field is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
- Dayton History at Carillon Historical Park is open 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
- The Paul Laurence Dunbar House is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hawthorn hill is open often for tours and sightseeing, call 866-841-7421 to make reservations or inquire about their daily hours.
Start Your Adventure at Specialty
The RV season doesn’t stop when snow hits the ground, but there are some winter precautions to take and RV supplies to purchase for the colder temperatures. Don’t forget to stop by Specialty RV Sales for all of your winter RV travel needs. Our certified service staff can ensure you and your RV start the winter RV season off safely and securely.