After a long day of adventure in your RV, cooking an elaborate meal can seem like a lot of work, but depending on where you’re exploring, restaurant meals aren’t always an option either. Keep these two quick and easy meals in your RV cookbook, and you’ll always be able to mix up a meal in a hurry.
Chili Pasta No-Bake
What You’ll Need:
• 1 pound ground beef
• 10 ounces penne pasta
• 1 cup onion (chopped)
• 1 14.5-ounce can tomatoes (diced)
• 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
• 1 cup salsa
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 7-ounce can green chills (diced)
• 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for approximately 8 minutes or until it’s al dente, then drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, sauté the ground beef and chopped onion.
- Stir in the chili powder, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (undrained), chillies and salsa.
- Cook the mixture for five minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta and cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is fully melted and serve.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 pound chuck roast (cubed)
• 2 potatoes (cubed)
• 2 carrots (chopped)
• 1 small onion (chopped)
• 1 can corn
• 1 can tomatoes (diced)
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground red chili
• salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the meat in a large skillet.
- Cook the meat, tomatoes and spices in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes — letting the pressure release on its own.
- Mix in the remaining vegetables and add water if necessary (just enough to cover the vegetables).
- Let the combination cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure under cold water.
- Stir in the can of corn and serve when the corn is fully heated through.
Upgrade Your RV at Specialty RV Sales
Not enough space to cook meals in your RV kitchen? Come browse our huge selection of new and used RVs right here at Specialty RV Sales. And if you just need a few more supplies for those campfire meals, we’ve got all of your camping supplies covered too.