It’s springtime and just like summertime, the “livin is easy,” especially when it comes to the many fresh vegetables available during this time of year. One of the great things about RV traveling is taking advantage of farmer’s markets and fresh produce stands along the way to pick up some goodies for your next meal.
Before heading out to explore interesting places around the US, stop by Specialty RV Sales for a look around. We can get you situated in a new or used RV, service what you have, and help you with a smorgasbord of accessories.
Take a look at what we have available for kitchen items and accessories at our shop or online store to help turn your meals into culinary creations like this tasty rustic chicken salad and spring vegetables combo.
Ingredients you’ll need for this luscious spring themed recipe are as follows:
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of spring mixed salad greens
- 3/4 pounds of fresh, blanched green beans
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 fresh green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, divided
- 1 cup Italian cheese crumbles
This delicious, healthy and hearty entree takes less than one hour to prep and cook and makes four, 2-1/2 cups, each, servings.
- Begin by placing chicken breasts in a glass dish and pouring 1/4 cup of the Italian dressing over the pieces. Turn the chicken so each piece is thoroughly coated. Place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prep the spring mix, green beans, tomatoes and onions.
- Heat the grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the grill. Throw away the marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Cool, then slice the chicken into strips.
- Place the spring mix on a platter or individual plates. Top with the blanched green beans, sliced tomatoes and chicken strips.
- Drizzle the remainder of the Italian dressing onto the salad. Add the cheese crumbles and sliced onions.
- Serve with hot buttered garlic toast or crusty French bread.
Give us a shout at Specialty RV Sales before your next trip. Our staff will have you wining and dining across the country in comfort with one of our new or used RV specials.
Photo by Rool Paap (Flickr Creative Commons)