Exploring the country or even nearby campgrounds in your RV can be exhausting. If it’s not all of the adventures and time you’re spending outdoors, the time spent behind the wheel can be a little taxing too. Having a healthy and energizing meal after a long day of exploration can make all the difference in your camping experience.
Quinoa Chard Pilaf
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup canned lentils (rinsed)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil for roughly five minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, mushrooms, lentils and broth and cover for 20 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and shred the chard into the pot.
- Cover the dish and let it sit for another five minutes, then enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 pineapple rings
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Marinate the chicken breasts in a dish overnight with 1 1/2 cups of teriyaki sauce.
- Preheat your RV grill on high and lightly oil it before adding your chicken breasts.
- Cook each chicken breast for eight minutes on each side, and continue to brush them with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
- When the chicken breasts are almost finished cooking, place a pineapple ring on each and brush the tops with melted butter.
- On the stove, stir together the brown sugar, pineapple juice, soy and Worcestershire over medium heat.
- Stir the combination until all of the sugar is dissolved and serve it on the side of your chicken for dipping.
Specialty RV Sales
Looking to upgrade your RV to one that has a bit more suitable kitchen for your cooking needs? Stop in and see us at Specialty RV Sales — your Lancaster, Ohio RV dealer — and we can help you get into the RV of your dreams.
Photo Source: kae71463 (Flickr Creative Commons)