Ice cream cones are the unofficial dessert of summer, and since July is National Ice Cream Month, there’s no better time to learn how to make your own. Try this delicious blueberry cheesecake ice cream recipe as a special treat for your next RV getaway.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 additional tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbles
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 additional cups white sugar
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- Ice cream freezer/Ice cream maker
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Stir in water until the combination is smooth.
- Mix in the blueberries and lemon juice and bring the combination to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer (uncovered) for about five minutes. Cover the mixture and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs together with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Pat the graham cracker combination into an un-greased baking pan (10 by 15 inches if possible).
- Bake the crust until it is lightly browned (10-15 minutes), then let it cool on a wire rack. Crumble the crust once it has fully cooled.
- Whisk the pudding mix, 1 1/2 cups sugar, whipping cream, vanilla extract and milk together in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker until the cylinder is two-thirds full, and refrigerate the remaining mixture.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Layer the ice cream, blueberry sauce and graham-cracker mixture three times in a large bowl. Swirl the layers until they’re thoroughly mixed, then freeze until you’re ready to serve.
Stop By Specialty RVs This Summer
Image by Seabamirum via Flickr Creative Commons