One of the best things about RVing is that you’re given the opportunity to disconnect from daily life and reconnect with family and nature. If you’re looking to plan a trip this summer and want to explore the great state of Ohio, check out these three awesome camping spots near Columbus. We’re sure you’ll love the variety of activities offered and the amenities.
Deer Creek State Park
From hiking trails to a fully stocked pond near the campground, you will love how Deer Creek State Park takes the work out of planning your camping trip. Simply show up and have fun! With over 2,300 acres of fun, Deer Creek is located at the heart of Ohio’s agricultural country and is the perfect place to unwind.
It offers horseback riding trails, swimming, and even hosts various events throughout the seasons.
Hocking Hills is such a unique park that it might seem like you’re a world away from Ohio! This is an adventurer’s paradise, with tons of hiking, plunging waterfalls, and ample opportunity to get dirty.
17 acres Rose Lake is a great place to cast off and nab the “catch of the day”, while an archery range lets you try a new activity or just get some practice in.
There are numerous hiking trails:
- Ash Cave Gorge – 1/4 mile – Easy – Handicap Accessible
- Ash Cave Rim – 1/2 mile – Moderate
- Cantwell Cliffs – 1 mile – Difficult
- Cedar Falls – 1/2 mile – Moderate
- Conkles Hollow – 1 mile – Easy – Handicap Accessible
- Conkles Hollow Rim – 2.5 miles – Moderate
- Hemlock Bridge Trail – 1 mile – Moderate
- Old Man’s Cave – 1 mile – Moderate
- Rock House – 1/2 mile – Moderate
- Whispering Cave Trail – 1/2 mile – Easy
- Buckeye Trail – 6 miles through the park – Moderate
Wayne National Forest
If you’ve been itching to load up your toy hauler and hit the trails, there’s no better place to do it than Wayne National Forest. This national forest boasts over 400 miles of trails for cycling, off roading, and more. This place is just begging to be explored!
One of the best things about Wayne is that because it is a national forest it offers free camping on select days. Wayne is open from April 15 – December 15.