Sunday, August 10, is National S’mores Day, and that means it’s time to head to the store for marshmallows, Hershey’s chocolate and graham crackers. But before you start shopping for your usual S’mores ingredients, check out these unique S’mores recipes that will blow the traditional version out of the water.
Grilled Banana S’mores
What you’ll need:
- 2 yellow bananas
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 20 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Golden Grahams
- Leave the banana in its peel and cut a 1-inch strip down the middle of the banana (lengthwise).
- Now cut the banana into 1-inch slices inside the peel.
- Evenly stuff the marshmallows, Golden Grahams and chocolate chips into the banana. Stuff the ingredients into the sides of the banana peel and between each of the slices.
- Use tin foil to wrap the bottom of each banana, then add a few more chocolate chips and marshmallows on top.
- Place the bananas on a pre-heated grill and let them cook until they’re warmed all the way through (roughly 5 minutes). If you don’t have a grill readily available, an oven can be used to broil the bananas.
- Leave the bananas in the peel and enjoy with a fork.
Mason Jar S’mores
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding
- Marshmallow fluff
- 4 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Mason jars (4-ounces each)
- Place 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each Mason jar.
- Follow the instructions on the box to prepare the instant pudding.
- Pour the pudding evenly into each Mason jar.
- Top each Mason jar off with marshmallow fluff.
- Broil the mason jars in the oven just until the marshmallow fluff has browned.
- Serve immediately to keep the graham cracker crumbs from getting soggy.
Spend National S’mores Day in Your RV
The summer RV season is still in full swing here in Ohio, and there’s no better place to enjoy S’mores than at the campground with your RV. Whether you’re in the market for a new or used RV or would just like to rent one to hit the road for a while, Specialty RV Sales in Lancaster is your go-to Ohio RV center.
Image by Marie Still via Flickr Creative Commons