Planning a camping trip? Check out our list of essentials for RV camping before you hit the road so you can enjoy your trip without feeling like you’re missing anything.
RV Camping Essentials Living Supplies
We categorize living supplies as supplies you need to live comfortably in your RV. This is the supplies that make you feel at home and relaxed wherever the open road takes you.
- Fresh sheets – several pairs in case you don’t have access to a washing machine. We suggest one set for each week, plus an extra set just in case.
- Pillows – nothing beats the pillows from your own home
- Towels – Bring enough not just for showers, but also for the beach in case you’re headed out to the lake, ocean, or river.
- Soap, shampoo, razors – anything you need to follow your personal hygiene routine. You don’t want to get stuck using some brand you aren’t used to.
- Games, movies, cards – these items help make rainy days more fun. Choose items the entire family will enjoy.
RV Camping Essentials Household Cleaning Supplies
Keeping your RV cleaned and organized will help you enjoy your RV trip. It’s not surprise RVs are smaller than your home. As a result, they can get cluttered more easily. By keeping it cleaned and organized you will know where things can be found and keep the atmosphere feeling more at home.
- A multipurpose cleaner – find one that can replace disinfectant, window cleaner, and surface cleaner. In doing so you’ll have one bottle of cleaner to replace three. It saves space and money.
- Biodegradable dog poo bags – if you have a dog.
- Sponges – several, as you will likely want to replace them every couple of weeks or at least each trip
- Toilet brush
RV Camping Essentials Kitchen Supplies
The beauty of RVing is the option to cook all of your meals. This saves money and is more affordable. If you want to take advantage of your RV’s kitchen, it’s important you have all the supplies you need to use it.
- Pots and pans
- Plastic plates and cups to avoid breakage – make sure everything is microwave safe
- Water pitcher – always have cold water in the fridge
- Coffee maker/French press/Percolator
- Cutting board
- Potato peeler, knives, measuring cups and spoons
- Foil, plastic wrap, storage containers that stack
RV Camping Essentials First Aid
Don’t let an injury take you out of your RVing game. A basic RV first aid kit can help you enjoy your trip and avoid a trip to the urgent care or ER.
- First aid kit with
- medical tape
- insect repellant
- Fire extinguisher – it’s advisable to keep one at the front and one at the back of the RV
This list is not exhaustive. If you have questions about RVing, contact us. Stop in and talk with our experienced team about the RV lifestyle and get answers you’re looking for. We also offer a large supply of travel trailers, fifth wheels, and more.